• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 onervette

onervette

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 12:13 PM

I have not been able to find any step by step instructions about networking. I have a lxd 75 sc8 with 497
hand control. I have been able to control scope from desktop and laptop via usb to rs232 adapter . I also have a working network using a wireless broadband router. I can check image files through the network but can't seem to control scope through the network. I am not sure if my autostar suites are the exact same versions. They seem to have all the same stuff. I loaded autostar on my desktop 2 years ago, and loaded autostar on my laptop just recently with supplied autostar for deepsky imager. also should i be able to acces live images through my network using dsi? I have not messed with the default network addres, i think it was 5401 or something like that. I have tried to set up network connection and selected listen on the laptop connected to the scope. I then went inside and tried to use telescope protocal network and keep getting connection failed. whats up???

#2 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2368 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 03:21 PM

If you are on a network Ive found logmein.com  free service to work very well.
It allows you to log in via network or web and use the remote pc just like you are there.
Its all ive been using here for remote imaging to my OBS.

Regards

Mark
Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

http://astronomy.qteaser.com

#3 ghostrunner007

ghostrunner007

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 07:22 AM

The way i do it is setup every thing up by the scope ,boot up the laptop and get all the software running, then Ill ask for remote assitance from the laptop to the computer in the house, once that is connected Ill take control of the laptop thought he desktop and then the screen on the desktop matches the laptop and I have full control of the scope and camera. No more cold nights ;D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users